Fried oysters & brown butter
Fried oysters & brown butter with white miso
Preparation Time10 minutes
Cooking Time2 minutes
Resting time20 minutes
Winery pairingCordon Rouge
- 10 oysters
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoonfuls flour
- Frying oil
Brown Butter with Miso
- 125g butter
- 20g brown miso
- 4 tablespoonfuls whipping cream
Step 1. Brown Butter with Miso
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- After 30 seconds, when it is a nice golden/chestnut color and smells of hazelnuts, add the miso and the cream, then mix.
- Immediately transfer the butter into a cold container. Filter and leave to cool.
Step 2. Oysters
- Open the oysters, drain them and dry in paper towel.
- Set aside the shells for the presentation.
- Quickly dip each oyster in the flour and then in the beaten egg and breadcrumbs before plunging them into hot fat (180°C).
- Cook for 2 min, until they are nicely golden.
- Remove them and mop them on paper towel; serve with the brown butter cream with miso.
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Mumm Cordon Rouge is ideal for an aperitif among friends or over a meal –those moments when everything simply clicks and positive energy flows: real friends sharing real talk, everyone at ease in a joyful, convivial atmosphere.