Foie gras & chutney
Foie gras & saffron pineapple chutney
Preparation time45 minutes
Cooking time1 hour
Resting time2 days
Winery pairingMumm Olympe
- 600g fresh foie gras
- 2 glasses of champagne
- 5g salt
- 3g pepper
Saffron Pineapple Chutney
- 100g pineapple flesh
- 100g gelling sugar
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 1 saffron capsule
Step 1. Foie Gras
- Carefully open the foie gras and denervate it with the tip of a knife.
- Add salt, pepper and drizzle over the champagne.
- Cover and chill overnight in the fridge. The next day, preheat the oven at 110°C.
- Cut the foie gras into pieces and place them in a terrine dish. Pack down with your hand.
- Pour some simmering water into a large oven dish to make a bain-marie. Put the terrine into the oven dish, close the lid and then put in the oven for approximately 1h.
- Leave to cool then put in the fridge for at least 24h before serving with a spoonful of saffron pineapple chutney.
Step 2. Saffron Pineapple Chutney
- Put the pineapple chopped into 3-cm pieces, the lime juice and the sugar into a saucepan, mix and bring to the boil for 30 min.
- Add the saffron and leave to infuse while the chutney cools down.
- Check if it is cooked by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and then tipping the plate: the pineapple chutney should run slowly.
Discover the cuvée
Invited to all the best parties, Mumm Olympe champagne combines delicious sweetness with bright fruit and the House’s signature freshness.