Foie gras & chutney
Foie gras & saffron pineapple chutney
Preparation time45 minutes
Cooking time1 hour
Resting time2 days
Winery pairingMumm Olympe
- 600g fresh foie gras
- 2 glasses of champagne
- 5g salt
- 3g pepper
Saffron Pineapple Chutney
- 100g pineapple flesh
- 100g gelling sugar
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 1 saffron capsule
Step 1. Foie Gras
- Carefully open the foie gras and denervate it with the tip of a knife.
- Add salt, pepper and drizzle over the champagne.
- Cover and chill overnight in the fridge. The next day, preheat the oven at 110°C.
- Cut the foie gras into pieces and place them in a terrine dish. Pack down with your hand.
- Pour some simmering water into a large oven dish to make a bain-marie. Put the terrine into the oven dish, close the lid and then put in the oven for approximately 1h.
- Leave to cool then put in the fridge for at least 24h before serving with a spoonful of saffron pineapple chutney.
Step 2. Saffron Pineapple Chutney
- Put the pineapple chopped into 3-cm pieces, the lime juice and the sugar into a saucepan, mix and bring to the boil for 30 min.
- Add the saffron and leave to infuse while the chutney cools down.
- Check if it is cooked by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and then tipping the plate: the pineapple chutney should run slowly.
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Invited to all the best parties, Mumm Olympe champagne combines delicious sweetness with bright fruit and the House’s signature freshness.