Home-made taramasalata, za’atar & toast
Preparation time20 minutes
Winery pairingGrand Cordon Rosé
- 2 slices sandwich bread 8cl whole milk
- 6cl olive oil
- 200g smoked cod roe
- 3cl lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
1 tablespoonful za’atar
Step 1. Taramasalata
- Put the slices of crustless sandwich bread in the milk to soak.
- Open the roe pouch in the smoked cod and scrape out the roe with a spoon.
- Mix the cod roe, slices of bread soaked in milk, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender for 6 min. Correct the salt seasoning, then set aside in the fridge.
- Put the taramasalata in a piping bag.
Step 2. Plating-Up
- Put the taramasalata in the center of the plate and sprinkle with za’atar.
- Toast the slices of bread with a drizzle of olive oil, in the oven at 180°C for 5 min.
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé is a perfect champagne to savour. Inspiring and intense, it can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a range of creative and modern dishes.