Prawn crackers & beef tartare
Prawn crackers, beef tartare & egg yolk
Preparation time15 minutes
Cooking time10 minutes
Winery pairingGrand Cordon Rosé
- 200g beef filet
- 1 egg
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 shallot
- 4 sprigs of chives
- 1 teaspoonful nuoc mam
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoonful sugar
- 1 teaspoonful grated ginger
- 3 tablespoonfuls glutinous rice
- Ground black pepper
- 4 Thai basil leaves
- 1 packet of prawn crackers
Step 1. Prawn crackers
- Finely chop the beef with a knife.
- Toast the glutinous rice in a dry frying pan until it is nicely golden, then roughly crush it with a pestle.
- Hard-boil the egg and crush the yolk. Chop the cilantro and the shallot.
- Mix the sugar, nuoc mam, lime juice, and ginger in a bowl and add 2 tablespoonfuls of water.
- Mix the ground meat with the sauce, shallot, chives, ground black pepper and toasted rice in a salad bowl.
Step 2. Plating-Up
Place the tartare on the bottom of a plate. Cover with Thai basil and crumbled egg yolk. Serve with prawn crackers as canapés.
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé is a perfect champagne to savour. Inspiring and intense, it can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a range of creative and modern dishes.