Octopus tostada & damson salsa
Preparation Time10 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
Winery pairingCordon Rouge
- 1 octopus
- 1 onion
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 laurel leaves
- 200g damson flesh
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 garlic clove
- 1 pineapple tomato
- 1 cooked potato
- 1/4 lime
- 1/4 habanero yellow chili
- 4 corn tostadas
Step 1. Octopus
- If the octopus is fresh, tenderize it by tapping with a rolling pin to break the fibers.
- Freeze it beforehand and thaw the day before.
- Heat up a large saucepan of water, put the onion, peppercorns, and laurel leaves into it.
- When the water is boiling, plunge the octopus into it and take it out again. Repeat twice consecutively and then leave the octopus to cook.
- Allow 30 min for a 1kg octopus.
- Take off the heat and strain it.
- Leave to cool and then thinly slice it.
Step 2. Salsa Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Heat the mixture on a low heat for 10 min. Set aside in the fridge.
Step 3. Plating-Up
Place the salsa sauce and octopus slices on the tostada. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Mumm Cordon Rouge is ideal for an aperitif among friends or over a meal –those moments when everything simply clicks and positive energy flows: real friends sharing real talk, everyone at ease in a joyful, convivial atmosphere.