Cream of leek & egg yolk
Cream of leek and leek straw, & egg yolk
Preparation time30 minutes
Winery PairingGrand Cordon
- 2 leeks
- 50ml whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoonful white vinegar
- 50g butter
- 400ml frying oil
- Salt & pepper
Step 1. Cream of Leek
- Roughly chop the leeks.
- Drop them into 20g of butter, add salt and pepper, and leave to caramelize for 10 min.
- Transfer the leeks to a blender and mix with the cream and the rest of the butter for 6 min.
Step 2. Leek Straw
- Cut the white of the second leek as thinly as possible lengthways.
- Heat your oil to 150°C and fry the leeks several times until they become golden and crispy.
- Transfer them onto some paper towel. Add salt and pepper.
Step 3. Plating-Up
Put a large spoonful of cream of leek in the center of a plate. Make a nest with the leek straw and add an egg yolk in the center.
Mumm Grand Cordon
Toasting milestones, personal achievements or simply celebrating friendship with an improvised get-together, the exceptional fresh intensity of Mumm Grand Cordon champagne evokes the exhilaration of life’s most unforgettable moments.