Pancake, cream, trout roe & pesto
Pancake, unpasteurized cream, trout roe & wild garlic pesto
Preparation time45 minutes
Winery pairingGrand Cordon Rosé
- 250g flour
- 3 eggs
- 60g butter
- 25cl milk
- 1/2 sachet baking powder
- 1 potato
- 1 pinch of salt
Wild Garlic Pesto
- 100g wild garlic
- 30g pine nuts
- 3cl olive oil
- 30g grated parmesan or pecorino romano
- 50g trout roe
- 50g unpasteurized cream
- 3 sprigs of chives
Step 1. Wild Garlic Pesto
- Wash the wild garlic leaves and remove the base of the stem. Cut them into strips, then put them in the blender bowl with the salt, pine nuts and oil.
- Blend in fits and starts, then add the parmesan. If it is too dry, add a bit more oil.
Step 2. Pancake
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a large salad bowl. Pour the milk and melted butter into it and mix thoroughly.
- Blend in the eggs and mix again. Finely grate the potato and mix.
- Butter a frying pan and put it on a high heat. When it is really hot, pour in a small ladleful of pancake mixture. Leave to cook for about 2 min. Then when small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, flip it over and leave to cook for 2-3 min.
Step 3. Plating-Up
Arrange the pancakes on a plate. Top with 1 tablespoonful of unpasteurized cream, 1 tablespoonful of trout roe and the wild garlic pesto. Garnish with a few baby shoots or flowers and some finely chopped chives.
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé is a perfect champagne to savour. Inspiring and intense, it can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a range of creative and modern dishes.