Labneh & sardines in oil
Toast, Home-Made Labneh, Chorizo Oil & Sardines in Oil
Preparation Time20 minutes
Resting Time1 night
Winery PairingGrand Cordon
- 500g natural Greek yoghurt
- 500g natural goat or sheep yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoonful salt
- 1 can sardines in oil
- 100g chorizo
- 300ml olive oil
- 1 dab of butter
Step 1. Home-Made Labneh
- Put the yoghurt and the salt into a sieve covered with muslin gauze, itself placed in a bowl.
- Close the edges of the cloth to form a pouch, knot the pouch with string and leave it in the fridge overnight. The labneh is ready to use the following day.
Step 2. Chorizo Oil
- Mix together the chorizo and oil in a blender.
- Put the mixture into a saucepan and heat until it boils, then turn off the heat. Leave to cool completely.
- Filter the oil with the fine sieve and keep this oil for a week.
Step 3. Plating-Up
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread and toast it in the oven at 180°C for 10 min.
- Put a sardine in oil alongside the toasted bread. Add the labneh and the chorizo oil
Mumm Grand Cordon
Discover the CuvéeDiscover the Cuvée
Toasting milestones, personal achievements or simply celebrating friendship with an improvised get-together, the exceptional fresh intensity of Mumm Grand Cordon champagne evokes the exhilaration of life’s most unforgettable moments.