Beefsteak tomatoes & mussels
Beefsteak tomatoes, mussels & yuzu
Preparation time20 minutes
Winery pairingGrand Cordon Rosé
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 20 mussels
- 12 redcurrants
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoonful soya sauce
- 1 tablespoonful yuzu (or lemon) juice
- 1 tablespoonful yuzu marmalade
- 1 green onion
- 2 shiso leaves
- Salt & pepper
- 1 glass white wine
Step 1. Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Plunge the tomatoes into boiling water for 1 min. Remove the tomato skin.
- Thickly slice the tomatoes.
Step 2. Mussels
- In a saucepan, brown the green onion in some butter.
- Add the mussels and a glass of white wine, cover and leave the mussels to open.
- Shell them and keep the juice.
Step 3. Plating-Up
- Squeeze the lemon half in a bowl. Add the mussels, salt, pepper, green onion, chopped shiso, redcurrants, a few grapefruit supremes, mussel juice, soya sauce, yuzu sauce and the marmalade, then mix thoroughly.
- Arrange the mussels with the sauce and a drizzle of olive oil on the tomato; garnish with flowers and baby shoots
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé is a perfect champagne to savour. Inspiring and intense, it can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a range of creative and modern dishes.