Water ceviche with nectarines & leek oil
Preparation Time40 minutes
Winery pairingCordon Rouge
- 200g mussels
- 4 jumbo shrimps
- 50g salmon roe
- 4 oysters
- 1 nectarine
- 50g black mullet
- 4 tablespoonfuls olive oil
- 140g leek greens
- 300g grapeseed oil
- 100ml water
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 red onion
Step 1. Seafood
- Shell the jumbo shrimps, keep the shells and the heads and devein them using pliers.
- Steam the mussels in a container for 8 min to collect the water, then shell them.
- Open the oysters, remove their shells and keep the water. Thinly slice the mullet.
Step 2. Leek-Green Oil
- Mix the oil and leek greens with a blender for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the oil to a saucepan and heat until it boils. Filter everything with a coffee filter and leave the oil to cool (it can be kept in the fridge for 4 days and used to season other dishes, such as salads).
Step 3. Seafood Water
- Put the jumbo shrimp shells, oyster water, mussel water and shells into a saucepan.
- Add 100ml of water and heat on a low heat for 10 min. Add the lemon juice. Filter and leave to cool in the fridge for 1h.
Step 4. Nectarine
Halve the nectarine, remove the stone and finely chop the fruit. Finely chop the red onion too.
Step 5. Plating-Up
Halve the oysters and jumbo shrimps. Put them at the bottom of a soup dish with the rest of the seafood. Pour over the seafood water, add a few salmon roe, the leek-green oil, as well as the finely chopped nectarine and red onion.
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Mumm Cordon Rouge is ideal for an aperitif among friends or over a meal –those moments when everything simply clicks and positive energy flows: real friends sharing real talk, everyone at ease in a joyful, convivial atmosphere.