Raw bonito, peppers & ponzu sauce
Raw bonito, piquillo peppers & ponzu sauce
Preparation time45 minutes
Marinating time1 hour
Cooking time1 minute
Winery pairingGrand Cordon Rosé
- 1 bonito filet
- 10 fresh piquillo peppers (or sweet peppers)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoonful lemon juice
- 1 tablespoonful soy sauce Salt & pepper
Step 1. Marinated Piquillo Peppers
- Put the piquillo peppers in the oven at 180°C for 30 min.
- Then place them in an empty container and leave to cool for 20 min.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the piquillo peppers, then rinse them. Place the piquillo peppers flat in a dish.
- Add salt and pepper, then the lemon juice, soy sauce and cover with olive oil and freshly crushed garlic.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1h.
Step 2. Bonito
- Prepare a salad bowl with cold water and ice cubes. Grill the bonito on the skin side in a hot frying pan with some oil for 1 min. Plunge the bonito into the cold water, then stop the cooking.
- Dry the bonito with paper towel and slice it.
Step 3. Plating-Up
- Place a few piquillo peppers and the bonito on a plate and drizzle with sauce.
- Garnish with some slices of red onion and a few shoots.
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé is a perfect champagne to savour. Inspiring and intense, it can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a range of creative and modern dishes.