An excellent wine for gastronomy, the Collection du Chef de Caves magnum can accompany the most refined and avant-garde cuisines that reflect the spirits of the Maison Mumm.
It is recommended that the Millésimé is tasted with Brittany Dublin Bay prawns in fine aspic or blue lobster and Côteaux Champenois extraction.
Arnaud Lallement, 3-star chef.
The blend was comprised of 75% Pinot Noir in 1985 as the quality of the Pinots was oustanding, the remaining 25% comes from the Chardonnay.
This vintage has been given a light dosage of just 4g/l to let the true characteristics of the wine shine through.
A CLASSIC 1980s VINTAGE
The 1985 vintage has been heralded as one of the classic vintages of the 1980s in Champagne.
Despite a very cold winter, that saw temperatures plummet to -30°C, and a challenging spring, the summer of 1985 was warm and very sunny helping to produce a good crop of perfectly healthy grapes with an ideal balance between fruitiness and acidity, so good that the Cellar Master at the time compared it to the grand vintages of 1979 and 1975.
At the time, 1985 became the 43rd vintage of the Champagne Mumm in its one and a half centuries of history.
30 years later, this 1985 magnum was taken out of the cellars and staged in this brand new Collection du Chef de Caves. At the peak of its development, it reveals its complexity in its aroma and its well-rounded, full-bodied character in the palate.