Raspberry tart & mascarpone mousse with zest
Preparation time2 hours
Winery pairingGrand Cordon Rosé
3 cartons raspberries
- 100g mascarpone
- 100g heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
- 30g sugar
Sugar Crust Tart Base
- 250g flour
- 50g confectioners’ sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30g water
Step 1. Mascarpone Mousse
- Whip the very cold heavy cream with the sugar into chantilly. Beat the mascarpone with the finely grated grapefruit and lemon zest.
- Then carefully blend in the chantilly.
Step 2. Sugar Crust Tart Base
- Rub the flour and butter cut into small cubes between your hands. When the butter has been completely ‘absorbed’ by the flour, add the confectioners’ sugar.
- Add the egg yolk and cold water, then a pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients. Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the butter hardens.
- Roll out the pastry and put it in a buttered pan. Place over it a piece of parchment paper cut to size with weights in it and cook in the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes (keep an eye on the color).
- Then remove the parchment paper with weights and use a brush to spread a little of the beaten whole egg over the inside of the cooked pastry (base and sides). Put back into the oven for 5 min. The egg will waterproof the pastry base.
- When the base is cold, add the cream to the base and top with the raspberries placed upside down.
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé is a perfect champagne to savour. Inspiring and intense, it can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a range of creative and modern dishes.