Poached pear eton mess
Poached pear eton mess with hojicha tea jelly
Preparation Time45 minutes
Winery PairingMillésimé 2013
Poached Pear with Tea
- 1 pear
- 2cl lemon juice
- 1L water
- 50g hojicha tea
- 100g sugar
- 1/2 sachet agar-agar
- 20cl whipping cream
- 50g mascarpone
- 4 tablespoonfuls confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoonfuls brown sugar
- 3-4 meringues
Step 1: Poached Pear
- Put the water, sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan, then boil everything, add the hojicha tea and leave to infuse for 5 min.
- Peel the pears, then put them in the syrup and poach them covered for 8 min.
- Next leave them to cool in the syrup.
Step 2: Hojicha Jelly
- Boil 200ml of pear syrup with hojicha tea. Add half the agar-agar sachet, bring to the boil and leave to boil for 2 min.
- Put the liquid in a jar and leave it to cool at room temperature before putting it in the fridge.
Step 3: Cream
- Whip up the cream into chantilly.
- Add the mascarpone with a spatula and the 2 tablespoonfuls of confectioners’ sugar.
Step 4: Plating-Up
Place a little cream, a pear half, add the crumbled meringue and a little hojicha jelly.
Mumm Millésimé 2013
Mumm Millésimé 2013 is elegance transmuted into a singular vintage champagne. Candlelight illuminates a prestigious restaurant –imposing, yes, but intimate too, the ideal backdrop for the rare pleasure of sharing a most intriguing wine.