Preparation time1 hour 30 minutes
Winery pairingCordon Rouge
- 180g flour, type ‘T45’
- 20g sugar
- 4g salt
- 10g baker’s yeast
- 8g milk
- 120g egg
- 60g soft butter
- 230g sugar
- 520g water
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- 120g Cordon Rouge champagne
- 300g heavy whipping cream
- 10g confectioners’ sugar
- 250g apricot purée
- 60g superfine sugar
- 3 gelatin sheets
Step 1. Baba mixture
- Put the flour, sugar and salt into a mixer bowl (with the dough hook). Dissolve the yeast with the milk. Gradually blend in the eggs. Knead until the mixture comes away from the sides of the mixer bowl. Then blend in the butter in three goes.
- Knead the mixture to obtain an elastic preparation. Then leave your mixture to rise in a warm room for 45 min. Butter your baba pan and put the mixture up to 2/3 of the pan.
- Leave to rise again for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, then put in the oven for 20 minutes.
Step 2. Apricot topping
Put the gelatine sheets into a bowl of cold water for 5 min. Heat the apricot purée and sugar in a saucepan. Blend in the gelatine and turn off the heat. Set aside in the fridge.
Step 3. Chantilly cream
Whip up the cream with the mixer, stiffen your mixture with the confectioners’ sugar. Set aside in the fridge.
Step 4. Syrup
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil in a saucepan. Add the orange zest. Blend in the champagne.
- Cover and leave to infuse on a low heat for 30 min.
Step 5. Assembling
- Dip your baba into the hot syrup and put it on a grate to drain.
- Melt the apricot topping in a saucepan (2 min) before coating the babas.
- When the babas are cold, cover them with the topping and garnish with chantilly cream.
Mumm Cordon Rouge is ideal for an aperitif among friends or over a meal –those moments when everything simply clicks and positive energy flows: real friends sharing real talk, everyone at ease in a joyful, convivial atmosphere.