This champagne accompanies desserts to perfection: fruit salad, zabaglione of yellow fruits in champagne, tarte tatin, apricot or caramelised peach crumble... It delights inquisitive palates when served alongside dishes that combine sweet and savoury tastes, like foie gras with figs. More daring hosts may even serve this champagne with a blue cheese.
Mumm's champagne rituals introduce 21st-century devotees to new ways of enjoying champagne. The Demi-Sec can (most unexpectedly) be served in a decanter. This unusual move is reserved for fine, complex or highly dosed champagnes; the contact with air enables the wine to express its texture and subtlest aromas.
The characteristics of Mumm Demi-Sec:
- Primarily blended from Pinot Meunier grapes (60%), a supremely aromatic variety that is particularly appreciated for its fruity intensity
- Its charm and depth are enhanced by the subtle addition of Pinot Noir (30%) and Chardonnay (10%) blends
- A fruity blend that incorporates mature reserve wines and considerable sugar content, creating a champagne that is rich, subtle and elegant
- A sugar content of 40g/l to ensure a richness that balances its other qualities
- A maturation/mellowing of at least three months before it is shipped
- A combination of mature fruit and sugar to create a well-rounded, heady product