Zucchini carpaccio & egg emulsion
Preparation Time45 minutes
Winery PairingMillésimé 2013
- 200g Zephyr zucchinis
- 100g unpasteurized cream
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 egg yolks
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 nasturtium flowers or 1 marigold flower
- Salt & pepper
Step 1: Directions
- Separate the egg yolks in a small bowl and whisk them vigorously so that they thicken.
- Thinly slice the zucchinis. You can use a mandolin.
- Spread out the zucchini slices on a plate or flat surface and season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add some lemon juice and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Put the unpasteurized cream into a bowl and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Step 2: Plating-Up
- Put one and a half spoonfuls of unpasteurized cream in the center of your plate. Leave a space in the middle.
- Add a spoonful of egg sauce in the middle.
- Place the zucchini slices around it.
Mumm Millésimé 2013
Discover the CuvéeDiscover the Cuvée
Mumm Millésimé 2013 is elegance transmuted into a singular vintage champagne. Candlelight illuminates a prestigious restaurant –imposing, yes, but intimate too, the ideal backdrop for the rare pleasure of sharing a most intriguing wine.