Tomato salad with shio-koji
Tomato salad with shio-koji, pear & za’atar
Preparation Time15 minutes
Winery pairingCordon Rouge
- 2 large Green Zebra tomatoes
- 1 Comice pear
- 4 pinches of za’atar
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoonful soy sauce
- 1 teaspoonful mild rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoonful Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoonfuls olive oil
- 1 tablespoonful shio-koji (Japanese grocery)
Step 1. Directions
- Blanch the tomatoes and cut them into 6.
- Peel the pear and cut it into thin strips with a mandolin.
- Mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl. Mix the vinaigrette and the tomatoes.
- Stir by hand to thoroughly soak the tomatoes.
- Cut the red onion with a mandolin.
Step 2. Plating-Up
Put the tomatoes, a few strips of pear, a few slices of red onion, and the za’atar on a plate.
Mumm Cordon Rouge is ideal for an aperitif among friends or over a meal –those moments when everything simply clicks and positive energy flows: real friends sharing real talk, everyone at ease in a joyful, convivial atmosphere.