Preparation time10 minutes
Cooking time55 minutes
Winery pairingLe Rosé
- 3 tablespoonfuls olive oil
- 1 large sliced onion
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 mild green chili
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoonful ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoonful paprika
- 1/2 teaspoonful cayenne pepper
- 800g roughly chopped canned tomatoes with their juice
- 140g roughly chopped feta cheese
- 6 eggs
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 190°C.
- Put the sweet peppers and mild green chili in the oven for 35 min. Place them in an airtight container and leave to cool.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the sweet peppers and the chili, then cut into strips.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Cook for 2 min and add the garlic, then the spices, tomatoes, and sweet peppers.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Leave to form on a low heat for 20 min.
- Break the eggs over the chakchouka, cover and leave to cook for 3 min.
- Serve hot, preferably with pita bread.
Mumm Le Rosé
Light-hearted Mumm Rosé reveals its charms as an apéritif, but the bright berry notes also complement a wide range of dishes, including simple seasonal starters such as seafood, fresh cheeses and salmon marinated with fresh cranberries.