Teriyaki quail egg skewers
Teriyaki Quail Egg Skewers
Preparation Time10 minutes
Marinating Time1 night
Cooking Time4 minutes
Resting Time8 hours
Winery PairingGrand Cordon
- 12 quail eggs
- 25cl sake
- 12cl soy sauce
- 12cl mirin (very mild sake)
- 25cl water
- 100g superfine sugar
- Shichimi (Japanese chili powder) or paprika
Step 1. Quail Egg Skewers
- Pierce the roundest side of the eggs with a needle or thumbtack to remove the air pocket.
- Place them carefully in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4 min.
- Retrieve them with a skimmer and immediately plunge them into a large bowl of iced water to stop the cooking.
- Shell them under a trickle of water and then place in a container.
Step 2. Marinade
Pour the water, sake, soy sauce, and mirin into a bowl. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
Step 3. Assembly
- Form skewers of 3 quail eggs. Pour the marinade over the eggs and leave them to marinate overnight.
- Grill the quail eggs on a barbecue, coating them with marinade, or in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve hot with a little shichimi or paprika.
Mumm Grand Cordon
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Toasting milestones, personal achievements or simply celebrating friendship with an improvised get-together, the exceptional fresh intensity of Mumm Grand Cordon champagne evokes the exhilaration of life’s most unforgettable moments.