King prawn croquettes
King Prawn Croquettes & Ginger Mayonnaise
Preparation Time45 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
Winery PairingGrand Cordon
King Prawn Croquettes
- 500g ground king prawn meat
- 500g potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 sprigs of parsley
- 500ml frying oil
- 4 tablespoonfuls flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoonful chopped ginger
- 1 peeled, degermed garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoonfuls Dijon mustard
- 25cl sunflower oil
Step 1. Prawn Croquettes
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Cook them in a steamer basket for 15 min. Once they are cooked, crush the potatoes with a masher.
- Steam cook the king prawn meat for 5 min. Crush the fish filets with a fork.
- Mix them with the purée.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Blend them into the mixture with the finely chopped parsley. Add salt and pepper.
- Work everything with a spatula to obtain a homogeneous filling.
- Hand-shape the warm mixture into cylindrical balls.
- Turn them over in the flour, beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Heat a chip fryer at 175°C.
- Fry the croquettes until they are lightly golden and then drain them.
- Serve hot, accompanied with the ginger mayonnaise.
Step 2. Ginger Mayonnaise
- Add the egg yolk, chopped ginger, garlic clove and mustard, mix and beat the mayonnaise with the oil.
- Add salt and pepper.
Mumm Grand Cordon
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Toasting milestones, personal achievements or simply celebrating friendship with an improvised get-together, the exceptional fresh intensity of Mumm Grand Cordon champagne evokes the exhilaration of life’s most unforgettable moments.