Labneh & sardines in oil
Toast, Home-Made Labneh, Chorizo Oil & Sardines in Oil
Preparation Time20 minutes
Resting Time1 night
Winery PairingGrand Cordon
- 500g natural Greek yoghurt
- 500g natural goat or sheep yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoonful salt
- 1 can sardines in oil
- 100g chorizo
- 300ml olive oil
- 1 dab of butter
Step 1. Home-Made Labneh
- Put the yoghurt and the salt into a sieve covered with muslin gauze, itself placed in a bowl.
- Close the edges of the cloth to form a pouch, knot the pouch with string and leave it in the fridge overnight. The labneh is ready to use the following day.
Step 2. Chorizo Oil
- Mix together the chorizo and oil in a blender.
- Put the mixture into a saucepan and heat until it boils, then turn off the heat. Leave to cool completely.
- Filter the oil with the fine sieve and keep this oil for a week.
Step 3. Plating-Up
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread and toast it in the oven at 180°C for 10 min.
- Put a sardine in oil alongside the toasted bread. Add the labneh and the chorizo oil
Mumm Grand Cordon
Toasting milestones, personal achievements or simply celebrating friendship with an improvised get-together, the exceptional fresh intensity of Mumm Grand Cordon champagne evokes the exhilaration of life’s most unforgettable moments.