Sea bass sachimi & xo sauce
Kombu-jime sea bass sachimi, physalis & xo sauce
Preparation Time15 minutes
Resting Time2 hours
Winery PairingGrand Cordon
- 1 filet of sea bass
- 2 large kombu leaves (organic shop)
- 3 figs
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Nasturtium leaf
- 2 teaspoonfuls XO sauce (Asian grocery)
- Salt & pepper
Step 1. Directions:
- Wrap the two slightly moist kombu leaves around the filet of sea bass.
- Wrap everything in plastic film and leave to rest for 2h. Cut the bass into sashimi.
- Thinly slice the figs.
Step 2. Plating-Up:
- Interpose the sea bass sashimi and slices of fig on a plate.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with XO sauce and garnish with Nasturtium leaves.
Mumm Grand Cordon
Toasting milestones, personal achievements or simply celebrating friendship with an improvised get-together, the exceptional fresh intensity of Mumm Grand Cordon champagne evokes the exhilaration of life’s most unforgettable moments.