Vegetable kakiage & datterino tomato reduction
Preparation time30 minutes
Winery pairingGrand Cordon Rosé
- 1 baby zucchini
- 4 mini corn cobs
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 6 mange-tout beans
- 4 French beans
- 150g tempura flour
- 240ml cold water
- 500ml vegetable oil for frying
- Unrefined salt
Datterino Tomato Reduction
- 500g datterini tomatoes
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoonful olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoonfuls sugar
Step 1. Kakiage
- Wash the French beans and remove the tails. Thinly slice the onion.
- Cut up the broccoli.
- Dilute the tempura flour in the cold water in a bowl. Mix all the chopped vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoonful of tempura flour and mix everything. Pour in the previous preparation, then gently mix everything.
- Heat the oil to 170°C. Using a large spoonful of the preparation, form pancakes of the desired size, which you slide around in the oil. Cook for 5 min and drain on paper towel.
Step 2. Datterino Tomato Reduction
- In a saucepan, brown the garlic in 1 tablespoonful of olive oil, add the tomatoes and leave to cook for 5 min; add salt and pepper.
- Add the sugar and leave to caramelize for 10 min.
- Mix everything and put the mixture back into the saucepan, leave to reduce on a low heat for 20 min and then leave to cool.
Step 3. Plating-Up
Put the kakiages on a plate, serve the sauce in a ramekin on the side
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé is a perfect champagne to savour. Inspiring and intense, it can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a range of creative and modern dishes.