Veal tartare with breadcrumbs
Veal Tartare, Brown Butter Mayonnaise & Breadcrumbs
Preparation Time20 minutes
Winery PairingGrand Cordon
- 180g veal
- 1 tablespoonful Dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs of chives
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- 1/2 green onion
- 1 fresh egg yolk
- 4 tablespoonful olive oil
- 250g butter
- Salt & pepper
- 4 sucrine leaves
- 2 slices bread
- 200ml sunflower oil
Step 1. Veal
Roughly chop the veal, finely chop the green onion and the chives. Mix everything in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and some pepper.
Step 2. Brown Butter Mayonnaise
- Melt and brown the butter; when it no longer bubbles it is ready.
- Mix the egg yolk and the mustard in a bowl, gradually add the butter to beat the mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3. Golden Breadcrumbs
- Roughly cut up the slices of bread with a knife and fry them in oil at 180°C for 5 min.
- Drain and reduce into fine crumbs.
Step 4. Plating-Up
- Salt the veal tartare and add a dash of lemon juice.
- Put a spoonful of tartare onto a sucrine leaf.
- Add a drizzle of brown butter mayonnaise then the toasted breadcrumbs
Mumm Grand Cordon
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Toasting milestones, personal achievements or simply celebrating friendship with an improvised get-together, the exceptional fresh intensity of Mumm Grand Cordon champagne evokes the exhilaration of life’s most unforgettable moments.