Grilled pencil leeks
Grilled pencil leeks, creamy farmed mussels with champagne (for soaking)
Preparation Time45 minutes
Resting time30 minutes in the fridge
Winery pairingCordon Rouge
- 10 pencil leeks
- 400g farmed mussels
- 50g butter
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 glass Cordon Rouge champagne
- 100g whipping cream
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Step 1. Pencil Leeks
- Peel the first layer of leek skin and make sure there is no sand; otherwise rinse the leeks.
- Cook the leeks in a frying pan for 5 min.
Step 2. Emulsion of Farmed Mussels
- Finely slice the shallot and brown it in a stew pot with the butter, stirring for 2 min.
- Add the mussels, stir for 1 min and then pour in the champagne.
- Cover and leave the mussels to open.
- When the mussels are cooked, shell them. Then filter the juice from the saucepan.
- Put the muscles, salt and pepper, and the juice into a blender, then mix.
- Filter and add the cream, mixing thoroughly and leave to cool in the fridge for 30 min. Whip the cream using a beater.
Step 3. Plating-Up
Arrange the leeks on a plate and serve the cream in a small ramekin.
Discover the cuvéeDiscover the cuvée
Mumm Cordon Rouge is ideal for an aperitif among friends or over a meal –those moments when everything simply clicks and positive energy flows: real friends sharing real talk, everyone at ease in a joyful, convivial atmosphere.